Monday, July 28, 2008

Oops!

Yes, i will begin with an apology...However, there is a reason and it's legit!
i've been having computer mishaps which are currently unresolved---Therefore this blog comes from the office (keep it on the low!) Have you ever taken the time on a Sunday afternoon to actually DO NOTHING? i'm not talking about sitting back and watching t.v. while munching on potato chips and slurping sodas. i'm talking about really literally---just lying down and soaking in the sounds and the feel of the air---the bed against your body. Well, that's just what i did yesterday afternoon. i had planned my afternoon, as i always do, but i felt the need from my body to try something different. It seemed like my body was pleading with me to just stop and relax. i actually listened, and am glad i did so. It was such a new experience for me and i feel so much better now that i did so. For 3 and 1/2 hours i streched out on my futon with my "little girl" Mollie, and that was the extent of it. We simply lie there---no distractions. When i went to bed at night, i slept uninterrupted and wholly. It was wonderful and i totally correlate it with my afternoon relaxation. Then, i was able to awake feeling rested and prepared for a new week. For the first time in a long while, i was able to begin my day with a great devotion time. That in itself made my day "happy" because it always does. Anytime i begin the day in meditation with God---well, doesn't that speak for itself?!

2 comments:

Lindsey Broere said...

Nice...3 1/2 hours of nothing. You did wake up an a crazy hour on Saturday morning, so you were smart to listen to your very tired body.

Thanks--again--for the choco milk. It was especially yummy this week. Layla really enjoyed my leftovers :-)

Raising the Rollins' said...

So glad you rested...I believe that's how God intended Sundays to be...full of rest and rejuvenation! Love you...have a great day tomorrow!