Thursday, July 10, 2008

Small Changes, Huge Difference

So, this week's project has been "office renovations".  i recently began a new job.  i now work at Bartimaeus by Design, which is my uncle, Eddie's, business.  Small scale my uncle know's not!  This one business is of many, all housed by Brinkley Marketing Agency.  Well, thanks to Steve Byerly (laugh) my office had been painted this horrendous shade of dark red.  There is actually no word for it.  Eddie had given me permission to "redecorate" the office to suit me...Well, the crew (Mom and Pop) moved in on last Thursday and began the work.  We painted the room yellow, brought in my desk, along with numerous items to make the space more "me".  The majority of the work was completed yesterday and it looks AMAZING!  You can't even imagine it ever looking as it did in the past!  Basically, "Extreme Home Makeover" has nothing on the "Dream Team"  of Mom and Pop!  
The main point of this blog is---in all areas of life, think of how strong an impact even the simplest of changes may bring forth.  It may been regarding habits, day-to-day activities, relationships, self-image, self-talk, perceptions on your job (or even your life).  It relates to EVERYTHING!  Seriously, it's really incredible!  Think about it---all we need to do (many times) is to take the time necessary to implement "small changes" or alterations to the way we've "always done it" and chances are that we will be pleasantly surprised with the results...And hey, if we aren't, all it takes is more "small changes" to bring forth new results!  Sounds exciting to me, and hey...i'm on for the ride!  Jump aboard!

2 comments:

Raising the Rollins' said...

I couldn't agree more! I love how "small changes" can make such a huge impact. I feel sorry for people who are afraid of change...they don't know what they're missing! Love you and I can't wait to see your new office. By the way, I stopped by Monday afternoon and you weren't there...you seriously need to rethink that picture of the 2 of us...my huge belly in a hospital gown is probably the least attractive picture ever, but you look great! Love you!

Lindsey Broere said...

Thursday came and went :-) No date...no Whole Foods...next week?

WELL..I will probably be seeing you tomorrow....after my run...and we can make DEFINITE plans for next week.

Love YOU gobs and bunches--
Ewwhhh gobs is kinda a gross word...sorry :-)