Monday, June 30, 2008

Switchin' it up...

Okay, so here's the scoop...
It really shocks me how quickly the direction of your life can change.  For example, one year ago i was working at a nursing home, in Social Work.  i was happy with a job in my degree (Psychology) , but unhappy with the actual situation (long story--maybe later).  i was also working part-time at DeBeen.  That situation rocked.  i worked with one of my best friends and the customers were just like family.  Then, in September my world completely changed.  Our family opened a coffee shop, Monkeez Brew, and i began to work there.  Then, at the beginning of '08 i also began to work at My Uncle, Eddie's office.  Let it be noted:  i have NEVER done office work before---never had any interest in it.  However, my Uncle tends to have an abundance of faith in me and he offered me the job.  (Did i mention that he's always trying to help me out?)  So, i took it.  While it is full of new challenges for me (not to mention gobs of stress), i can't believe i'm saying this:  i absolutely love it!  i learn every day and i'm simply having a blast!  It also amazes me how fulfilling a job can actually be.  So here's my point:  Don't ever hesitate to try something new due to fear...you never know what surprises await you!

3 comments:

Raising the Rollins' said...

Yea! So glad to see you on here...you did it on your own...guess we'll just have to hang out instead of setting up your blog! As far as "fear," it is crippling and prevents us from experiencing life. I'm so glad to see you gradually letting down walls. Love you! How's Jonah?

min-min said...

Whooeee! i was so happy to see you wrote! i love this so much! Anyway, how's Hatteras? Are y'all having a blast? What does Levi think? Is he a beach bum yet? i'm expecting tons of pics! Jonah's doing well---he's still alive!!! Beth...we WILL hang out when you get home---we've got to! Whoops, i've gotta get ready, i slept a little too well last night! Y'all have fun!
Much love--min

Lindsey Broere said...

YAY you are a blogger! I am so excited...gonna put a link to your blog from mine :-)

I love you chick! I miss you. You still....STILL...owe me a Whole Foods date.