Sunday, June 29, 2008

Sunday-afternoon Socrates

Well...i've been thinking.  Yes it's okay ---no damage this time!  So, here's the deal:  Why do we make life so complicated?  Hear me out-  If ya really think about it, life was made to be so simple.  It only becomes complicated because WE make it that way.  i'm not saying that we don't go through crappy situations, but even times like that are not so bad (in the end).  In my opinion, the outcome is more a reflection of our perspective.  Yep, i know that sounds so cheesy---just how i see things.  i am a master at doing this.  The things i face which really aren't a big deal...somehow, i ALWAYS end up making out to be a mountain.  We're not talking "a big deal" here---they become enormous.  It's like the world is ending.  It's all over--i'm gonna crumble up and die.  My point is this:  my fear causes me to view things in a totally warped perspective.  However, in the times that i stop and breathe i am able to gain a more accurate perspective on the situation.  For me, if i am able to let go of my pride and surrender the power (of the situation) to a Higher Power (for me this is God), the cloudiness seems to dissipate and a resolution becomes more apparent.  Okay, so this is definitely a short blog, but all of this thinking on a Sunday is totally wearing me out---time to go shop!   

No comments: